From:
"Krainz, Mary Ann" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 09:51:14 -0500
Medela's instructions are that the parts are ALL taken apart and washed in
soapy water and rinsed in cold, clear water. Ameda states to clean
collection kit parts....that come into contact with collected milk..in hot
soapy water and rinsed with hot water. If a health care professional doesn't
recommend this isn't she/he setting themselves up for a suit if someone gets
ill from not properly cleaning?? Mary Ann Krainz RN, IBCLC