From:
Christine Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 11:07:44 +0100
Well I think I might have heard everything now. As a midwife of some 24 years I have never heard such absolute rot in my life. It is enough for women post childbirth without being subjected to unnecessary laxatives. So how does she feed her baby when suck on a toilet? Giving laxatives is to be avoided at all costs as they inerfere with the noraml action of the recovering bowel. Medications given to past generations have been found to be linked to bowel cancers and ongoing education teaches all to move with the times. come on lets get real. Where is the evidence based resaerch? I would like to see the evidence first and review it before I changed my practice.

now I have ranted long enough,

Christine Wood RGN,RM,IBCLC
Bonn

Breastfeeding the best choice for every baby