Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:02:39 -0500
Dr. Gordon worshipped?  Perhaps not... but I certainly feel that we need to
have a place for satirical humor in our lives and in our society.  If it
were 'published' in a manner that was meant to deceive those reading it into
really believing that someone else said something they did not, for
malicious purposes ... that would be dishonest.  However, this was
informally posted to a select group of professionals who could quickly see
what was going on... and it was quickly clarified for those who did not
catch on immediately.   Scientific American - among other publications, for
instance, publishes an entire magazine of spoof articles in April (or at
least they did in the past.... haven't checked lately).  It's all done in
fun.    I have a sign in my clinic that reads "Your husband called - he said
you could buy anything you want!"     Does this make me an intellectually
dishonest person... since obviously no one's husband made that call... or
does it simply reflect a sense of humour?  The mom's who come in laugh, so I
have to believe the latter.
I am absolutely dedicated to scientific evidence and intellectual honesty...
but I'm also dedicated to not taking life so seriously that we can't have a
chuckle along the way.

Best wishes,
Jeanne Cygnus, IBCLC
Cygnus Lactation Services