Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:49:59 +0100
>Dear Friends:
>
>Melissa Bartick hit all the nails precisely on their heads!!
>

>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/melissa-bartick/ipeaceful-revolutioni-mot_b_536659.html?view=screen
>
>warmly,
>
>Nikki Lee

I enjoyed this essay....and totally understand the excellent point
she is making about anger/guilt. There is no reason for any
individual mother to feel guilty about not bf.

But why is her 'ideal' scenario so LOW in some of its expectations?

She's got mothers and babies seeing paedatricians at 2 days old (why?
why not community HCPs with a special training including bf, visiting
mothers and babies at home?); mothers permitted 3 months off work
(much of the rest of the world now regards 3 mths as way insufficient
- and guess what, businesses cope just fine) and at only 80 per cent
of their pay; mothers paying for lactation support (unless I have
misunderstood); mothers using daycare with still v. young babies
which means they have to express milk and give the day to day care of
their babies to others.

Am I missing something?

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc, tutor, UK