From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:23:52 EST
Here's a new one to me which I have my doubts about; mom was told by ped
gastroenterologist that soy protein does not pass into breastmilk.  Any truth at
all to this?  It makes no sense to me since we know babies can be
sensitive/allergic to soy sensitization via breastmilk, just as they can with cow's milk
protein.  He told mom that this was researched based and yes mom can ask for his
research, but I just was interested in knowing if there's any basis to his
statement.  Thank you.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC