From:
Gayle Prehn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:02:09 +0000
I am looking for a site or some information to supply
the peds I work with on cranial-sacral therapy.  In
speaking with my best mentor, Jan Barger, about a baby
I am working with, she suggested cranial-sacral therapy
may help, and from what I know of the treatment, I
think it is a great idea.  I have to broach this new
subject with my docs and I need some info to show them
that seems more mainstream, if you know what I mean.
Some of the sites seem to promise that this treatment
will just about cure everything and give us world
peace, and another also includes info on  ear candling.
I can see the docs eyes rolling now. My guys are new to
all of this, just recently started having me serve as a
lactation nurse in their practice ( I have been a nurse
with them for almost 7 years).  I don't want them to
think I have gone off the deep end so to speak.  I hope
this doesn't offend any of you who are well versed in
this and see its benefits.  But I am taking babysteps
here as I nudge 6 pediatricians into some new areas for
them.  So, can anyone direct me to some literature that
would be appropriate?  Thanks

Gayle Prehn, RN and nervously waiting for 10-11 to see
if I can add IBLC