From:
Tammy Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:53:50 -0500
I did a Hale look up ('97ed) and couldn't find the exact drug you mention.
However, I did find something close (thinking maybe the Pro is a prefix or
something) so , if you think that this is the same drug, this might be useful:

Amantadine

Trade: Symmetrel, Symadine
Uses:Anti-viral
AAP:not reviewed

Amantadine is a unique compound that has both antiviral activity against
influenzeA and is effective in treating Parkinsonian symptoms.   Pediatric
indications for prevention of influenza for ages 1-10 are available.  Trace
amounts are believed to be secreted in milk although no reports are found.
Adult plasma levels following doses of 200mg daily are 400-900nanograms/mL.
Even assuming a theoretical mik:plasma ratio of 1.0, the average daily dose to a
breastfeeding infant would be far less than 0.9mg, a dose that would be
clinically irrelevant compared to the 4-8mg/kg dose used in 1 year old infants.

Pregnancy Risk Category: C

Adult Concerns:Urinary retention, vomiting, insomnia, depression, confusion,
disorientation, nausea, constipation, vomiting.

Pediatric Concerns: None reported via milk

Drug interactions: May increase anticholinergic effects when used with
anticholinergic orCNS active drugs.  Increased toxicity/levels when used with
hydrocholorothiazide plus triamterene, or amiloride.

AHL 1-28 hours
PHL
PK1-4 hours
MW151
Vd4.4
M/P
PB67%
Oral86-94%
pKa10.1

I'm not entirely sure that this is the drug that you are looking for.  If it's
not I hope you find it soon.

Tammy Schilling
LLL of Salisbury

--