From:
The Jones Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:39:43 -0600
Last week I had the opportunity to teach breastfeeding at the "noon
conference" to the family practice residents at one of the hospitals
where I work.  It was exciting (and a little scary at the last minute)
to be able to get these doctors off to the right start with regard to
breastfeeding information.  The chief resident has promised to schedule
me again as I told her there was no way I could say everything I felt
needed to be said in 45 minutes.

Second good thing.  We have 5 nurses orienting to OB who are either new
grads or who have never worked OB before.  I had the opportunity of
spending over an hour with them teaching them about breastfeeding.  At
the end of the session, the educator suggested having them each follow
me for a day or at least part of a day.

How's that for good news, Kathleen?

Bonnie Jones, RN, ICCE, IBCLC
from the sunny S.W. USA