From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:25:16 EST
In a message dated 12.17.03 10:49:16 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> All your suggestions were done on the first visit.
> Again, if we are talking about my case. I have shown this mother at least 4
other positions/holds, she insists on only using the xcradle.

I'm glad to hear things are going better with this Mom!
You got some great suggestions from fellow lactnetters..... but what is best
about this sharing is the fact that it causes *all of us* to reflect and
share. Thus we may not be responding to the specifics of *your* post (or whomevers)
, but elements of your post may have caused reflection to lead in another
direction. Hopefully these responses will lead to even further discussion like
"thats interesting, why'd you do it that way etc". I find that when I ask for
help, I have to continually remind myself of this and also of the fact that I 'm
*looking for new ideas!*, not for the chance to refute their applicability or
to show that I'm smart enough to have already done them (my first impulse!)-
it IS hard, I think!

you also wrote;
Also this baby is far from a preterm baby, he is almost 12 lbs. I think,

Again, here I think you are responding to an off shoot discussion that is
actually reflecting on the use of f-ball hold with premies and had nothing to do
with your original posted baby.

Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts