From:
Anita Sweet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:35:12 -0700
I am working with a Mother who delivered 34 week twins 8 days ago. She had been on bed rest for 5 weeks, She had severe Hypertension and lost lg amount of blood with delivery ( she did receive a transfusion). The most she has ever pumped at one time is 7cc. Both boys go to breast but majority of sucking is Non-nutritive. Trying to use an SNS but with minimal success. ( One feeding, the smaller one took half of his feeding with SNS). They do receive bottles as well. I have used SNS's often but it is not working this time. I can't figure it out. I've taped it on top of the breast, under the breast, shortened it, lengthened it. This mom really wants to breastfeed these boys and I'm at a loss. Any suggestions? Please email me privately as well as to the list so I won't miss any help you can provide.

Kim Sweet
Phoenix, AZ