Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:14:33 EST
Hi Lactnetters,
        Things are progressing with the Mom with no milk.  Surprisingly (argh) Mom
had a D&C last night due to retained placenta and infection.  Just spoke to
her 2 hours ago and she pumped 2 oz from one breast.  One hurdle covered!!!
Now the next thing is baby is at home on Suprax and Mom is in hospital on IV
antibiotics for infection.  OB says Mom can't bf due to antibiotics.  We are
in the process of finding out what they are so I can investigate and negotiate
with OB to be able to continue bf.  I am dreading the next thing, thrush.  I
have Mom taking lactobacillus capsules.  Has anyone ever heard of giving the
lactobacillus powder to the infant in ABM or EBM?  I suggested Mom contact
pediatrician about this.  Baby has diarrhea now.
This was just a guess on my part and wondering if anyone has ever given this
to infants that young.
        Also, another question.  I realize I need to own or rent a good baby scale in
private practice.  I have the info on M* 2 products available.  Are there any
other medical equipment companies that sell a comparable item?  Is it feasible
to own just the scale which weighs to the .5 oz (about $250) or is it
necessary to have the one that weighs down to the gram (about $900)?
        I am so thankful to have you all to give input.  Thanks in advance for any