From:
Cindy Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:39:34 -0500
I have searched the archives as well at the net and came up with nothing
relative.

I have a lady that is due to adopt a newborn in August and is currently
still nursing her 14 month old biological son, she plans to continue
nursing him at least until the adopted baby arrives to keep her milk
supply, my question is, I know that the composition of the milk changes
as the child gets older, and since this is not a biological baby  the
milk wont change for the infant, is this older child milk sufficient for
the newborn?

My thought is that it will be fine and as the newborn nurses more that
the toddler and the milk supply will quickly increase. Baby will miss
out on colostrum but breast milk is always best.

Cindy

--
Cindy Curtis,RN,IBCLC
Virginia,USA