Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:07:35 -0500
You can get this document from:

Nutrition Section UNICEF,
3 United Nations Plaza,
New York, New York 10017

or:

Divisions of Child Health and Development,
WHO Geneva,
Geneval Switzerland

Document number is: WHO/CHD/97.1 and WHO/MSM/97.1

I have only started reading it.  I think it will be a little
conservative in its approach, but does emphasize that it is *not*
necessary to screen *all* babies for hypoglycemia.  Also significant
in what I have read so far is that there is no agreed upon definition
of hypoglycemia, and that there is no study that has shown that
*asymptomatic* hypoglycemia has any short or long term effects on the
baby.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC