From:
Fiona Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 10:34:27 -0300
Hello,

I've been rather silent recently...I have over 70 LN digests in my
mailbox to wade through, so am not replying to old things really.  We
just moved, so life is hectic...but I got news today that the kind of
"bible" they give out to expectant mothers here in Québec, called "Mieux
Vivre avec son enfant de 0 à 2 ans" (or the english version I think is
"From Tiny Tot to Toddler") is going to eliminate its section on bottle
feeding, soothers, and artificial milk.  Mothers who choose to go this
route will be handed a fact sheet instead.

There is an article (brief one) about 1/2-2/3 down the page at this URL,
in french, about this.

> http://www.cyberpresse.ca/reseau/chroniqueurs/pfoglia/?PHPSESSID=c6e7102fcabc223e37c3f57156b08019

It basically talks about censure and says that we'll give the "heretics
who choose to bottlefeed a paper", and at the end he says that he thinks
it's great to encourage breastfeeding, but he doesn't understand how
public services who should be informing citizens will instead be
bottling up everything in the way that certain "granola" fanatics do things.

:-(  Not a great start to this new project I guess...

Fio
ressource person with Allaitement Québec
Mama to Sandrine, 28 mos, still nursin' away, and #2, 11/2002