From:
Dawn M Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 10:36:51 -0500
I've seen a myriad of golden colors with colostrum.  One day we had
expressed milk that (excuse me) really looked the color of nasal mucus
(read - green snot).  The nurse in the hallway (getting ready to put it in
the unit freezer) asked, "Do you really think we should feed this stuff to
the kid??"
"Hundreds of mothers feed their baby colostrum here every year and we
almost never see what color it is.  I figure that's probably a good
thing."   "You're right" says she -- froze milk, fed it to baby.  Baby and
mom happy, healthy, wealthy and wise.  Nurses too.

Dawn M. Kersula, Green Mtn Mama (RN, BA, FACCE, IBCLC)
"oh wonderful wonderful and yet again wonderful and after that out of all
whooping"  --Madeline L'Engle