Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:30:52 -0400
Your comments tickled a memory - there is a study out there on this. It focuses on supply or nutritional content during wartime. I believe it was from the Netherlands and was about BFing in WWII. I discovered it by accident once searching for the same info: BFing / supply / stress.
Sorry I don't have more. Don't know where I filed it.
Phyllis

---- Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

=============
Dear Friends:

Karleen asks about evidence supporting that malnutrition and stress are not
barriers to milk supply.

I don't know of any studies. History gives some answers. More women
breastfed at a in occupied France then ever since. Women surviving the siege of
Leningrad had enough surplus milk to start a milk bank for the babies of women
that didn't survive. Women crossing the Western Plains in the US in the  1800s
breastfed the babies that they bore along the way. (Reading those diaries  is
fascinating: people survived famine, illness, and attacks and kept  going).

warmly,

Nikki Lee RN, BSN, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
craniosacral therapy  practitioner
_www.myspace.com/adonicalee