Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:10:24 EDT
Sharon:

 I understand and sympathize with your frustrations..

 I think that we need to pro active and continue to push the walls down.

  The most difficult one for me is the rnibclc who sees patients as an
adjunct wot her rn work and so does not charge for her home visits.. makes it
really difficult for you and I to charge appropriately for our services...

   It takes time, we are a very young profession. I believe that with the
"new" generations of physician many of whom are spending clinical time with
lactation consultants there is growth in awareness and ackoledgment of us as
allied health care professionals who pocess a "special" body of knowledge.

   Patricia