Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:02:42 -0400

 My thought would be that showing some proof, research, or the original question etc.questioning or showing a connection that breastmilk can pass cancer on to the baby is the onus of the RN asking the question. It is also her responsibility to research this. As LCs we tend to jump as soon as the words breast, or breastmilk are mentioned. I would allow this RN to research her own question.? However, I'd definitely keep the dialog open with her and show appropriate interest what she presents. If you have some things to share with her that would be wonderful. Just don't look too hard, or work too hard on it. It always concerns me when one person asks a question, or questions some theory, and another person goes on a search for the answer. We're there to provide support with breastfeeding, not prove its benefits over feeding an artificial milk. At what point do we get to say, let's turn the table and ask someone to prove it otherwise?? Wow, I guess I feel strongly about this -lol? Sue Manore, IBCLC, RLC, LLLL