Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 08:02:42 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)

My thought would be that showing some proof, research, or the original question etc.questioning or showing a connection that breastmilk can pass cancer on to the baby is the onus of the RN asking the question. It is also her responsibility to research this. As LCs we tend to jump as soon as the words breast, or breastmilk are mentioned. I would allow this RN to research her own question.? However, I'd definitely keep the dialog open with her and show appropriate interest what she presents. If you have some things to share with her that would be wonderful. Just don't look too hard, or work too hard on it. It always concerns me when one person asks a question, or questions some theory, and another person goes on a search for the answer. We're there to provide support with breastfeeding, not prove its benefits over feeding an artificial milk. At what point do we get to say, let's turn the table and ask someone to prove it otherwise?? Wow, I guess I feel strongly about this -lol? Sue Manore, IBCLC, RLC, LLLL

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2