From:
"Jo Mihalik,RN." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 1996 07:05:32 -0500
Hi, all,
I work at Columbia Summit Medical Center in Nashville, Tn.  As the in-house
LC I was concerned about the lack of a support group.  I had been to a few of
our local LLL meetings, was impressed with everyone (of course), and when the
group became too large to meet in peoples' homes, they came to the hospital
asking if they could use our classroom.  They are.  We've made up an "invitation" for newly delivered breastfeeding moms that I hand out when I see them after
they've delivered, inviting them to attend a meeting.  Since the meetings are
held during the day, I try to make it down to "chat" for awhile.
It's SO rewarding to see a mom and baby months after the delivery, and to see
how happy they are.
I also hand out the LLL "Breastfeeding, the first week" It's a great little
booklet.
Jo Mihalik, RN, IBCLC in Nashville, TN