Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:03:05 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (41 lines)
Please feel free to forward the following information to interested parents and professionals, about a new list exploring breastfeeding during childhood cancer treatment, and supporting breastfeeding mothers during their children's cancer treatments.  But please forward the new announcement below, which omits my LLLL credential from the signature line, rather than my last post.   I meant to post without it in the first place, as this list would be completely outside the scope of my duties there but I just forgot to delete it and hit send too quickly.   No one from LLLI contacted me or anything - I just realized myself right after I hit send that I would want to avoid mixing causes and be sure to comply with LLLI's online posting policies. 

Thanks for your understanding.  

Pam Pilch, JD 

Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator 

Since I started asking around about breastfeeding/ human milk and bone marrow transplantation this week, I've been contacted by several moms (six so far)  who have had broader questions about breastfeeding during their own child's recent leukemia treatment (as I too have had in our past year).  So I decided to create a list to explore the questions and share info.  It seems to me that, though pretty obscure, it is an area where support is needed and information and research would be helpful. 

It is open to parents of all types of breastfeeding (or breastfed) childhood cancer patients and also those who are interested in research and info on breastfeeding during childhood cancer treatments.  With rising breastfeeding rates and longer breastfeeding duration, questions seem to come up rather frequently.  

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bfchildhoodcancer/ 

Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested, parent or professional.  Thanks. 

Pamela H. Pilch, JD 
Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator 

Update website on son with leukemia:  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jonathanpilch 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2