From:
Jodine Chase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:20:35 -0600
On 10/16/03 7:43 AM, "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Several people have asked me about what could be done regarding web sites
> with poor information or misleading text. There is an honor code on the web
> that
> has been written and can be found at:
> www.hon.http://wch/HONcode/
>
> We all know that voluntary codes are almost worthless but it might be worth a
> look. Rather than correcting formula company inaccuracies, maybe we can just
> report them to this site. The Internet is a free-for-all but I would be
> willing to catalog sites that Lactnetters come across with poor or misleading
> information related to breastfeeding and formula and publish them in a future
> issue
> of NABA's newsletter. Do you think this would be of help for mothers and
> health care providers?

I wonder if there could be a "seal of approval" on web sites that provide
accurate information? Moms and hcps would then be able determine the quality
of the site while they are actually browsing it. Of course I have no idea
who would undertake to sponsor this seal, or to review the sites.

-- Jodine Chase
Full of ideas but short on action this morning as I'm procrastinating by
heading out for coffee at the new bookstore/café that has opened in my
neighborhood. (Yay!)