From:
Lois Englberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 13:13:15 -0700
I was shocked to read of the UNICEF program providing free formula to
babies of HIV mothers.  It made me feel unhappy to be associated with the
organization that is doing that.  I have now written to our UNICEF -New
York headquarters to try to find out anything about this program, hoping
that it is a very short program or that possibly there could be a mistake.
I will also share with them the concern expressed by other Lactnetters.  It
is ironic that this announcement is coming out at the onset of the World
Breastfeeding Week.

Lois Englberger, MNS
UNICEF Health and Nutrition Advisor, Federated States of Micronesia
E-mail:       [log in to unmask]