From:
Ayers Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 09:04:55 +0800
        I thought that some of you may find these uses of milk interesting:

Horticulture -- I was on a field trip on plant disease and it was mentioned
that pruning tools were at one time dipped in milk between plants to
control the spread of pathogens on the tools -- antibacterial, antiviral,
antifungal.

Religious/medicinal -- On the 20th of October I witnessed the firewalking
by devotees in the Sri Mariamman Temple in Singapore.  Devotees threw
flower petals in the air and walked across 10m of hot coals before cooling
their feet in a pool of milk -- the perfect solution to soothe and
disinfect.
(For pictures of firewalking see "Betsy's Journal", #24, on our website
below.)
        Dr.Art Ayers, Ph.D.
        Albertson College of Idaho

Ayers Family on Sabbatical
See our website: http://www.acofi.edu/~bio/academics/singapore/singapore.html
Our e-mail address is still:  [log in to unmask]
Our snail mail address:
        Art and Betsy Ayers
        Gillman Heights, block 1F
        Depot Road, #16-49