From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:50:44 EDT

In a message dated 9/5/2007 8:45:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Unless the parts are put into their own ziplock bag or
container with a lid they are also being exposed to who knows what other germs
are in that fridge.  That doesn't sound sanitary to me at all - or safe.

Dear Friends:

We need germs to keep our immune systems strong. Germs only make us sick when
our resistance is low. We have 3-5 pounds of germs in our guts that digest
our food, sythesize vitamins and other very useful things.

Even in hospitals where MRSA lives, most people don't get it. You have enough
germs living on your skin right this minute to kill you.........but that
doesn't happen because of your immune system.

Food in my refrigerator has germs on it. The pump parts I use have germs on
them, even after washing in soapy water. That's life, which is not sterile.
Basic hygiene keeps the numbers of germs away, and doesn't eliminate them.

There is growing evidence that being too clean has a role in allergy
development. Babies delivered via surgery in an operating room are colonized with
different germs than they would if they were delivered vaginally; this is a
problem.

I will always remember Dr. Peter Hartmann in the audience at the
International Conference in Orlando, talking about "mucky babies" living in dirt that
don't develop any allergies.

warmly,

Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
_http://www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com/_
(http://www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com/)
www.myspace/AdonicaLee