Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2016 21:03:19 +1100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
I helped a woman with relactation who had weaned her baby very young after terrible nipple trauma that she could not resolve. When the baby was a few months old she used the nipple cream she had previously used for something else and inflammation and pain resulted. She realised that her initial problems with breastfeeding had been due to the cream and so decided to restart breastfeeding (and did so successfully even though she lived in a regional area with no easy access to breast pumps (had to travel a couple of hours to get one and to see an IBCLC), her local health providers were not very encouraging (told her it probably wouldn't work and gave her an ancient breastfeeding supplementer while saying that they didn't know how to use it) and she had a toddler with a significant disability requiring lots of additional work.
Karleen Gribble
Australia

> 
> <div>
> Hello all,
> 
> Interesting topic since I recently saw a new mom in hospital who had several allergies including wool. She told me that she tried a sample of purified lanolin on her nipple. She said she did have a nasty rash as a result. That is the first time that I have ever heard that. Has anyone else ever heard of a reaction to purified lanolin?<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_3a4b2693-7697-4691-b8c5-0bc6a2f2ae1d"><div class="aolReplacedBody"><div>
> <div>
> Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
> Laura Hart, RN, BSN, IBCLC</div>
> Winter Park, FL</div>
> </div>
> </div></div>

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2