From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 2016 21:03:19 +1100
I helped a woman with relactation who had weaned her baby very young after terrible nipple trauma that she could not resolve. When the baby was a few months old she used the nipple cream she had previously used for something else and inflammation and pain resulted. She realised that her initial problems with breastfeeding had been due to the cream and so decided to restart breastfeeding (and did so successfully even though she lived in a regional area with no easy access to breast pumps (had to travel a couple of hours to get one and to see an IBCLC), her local health providers were not very encouraging (told her it probably wouldn't work and gave her an ancient breastfeeding supplementer while saying that they didn't know how to use it) and she had a toddler with a significant disability requiring lots of additional work.
Karleen Gribble
Australia