Date:
Sat, 8 Dec 2007 08:37:22 EST

I got this nearly exact  same letter from a "Gail Martel" in my mailbox last
night except she only wanted  $1900.  New scam.... Since it got through on
Lactnet, I suspect that  someone is stealing e-mail addresses.  And it didn't get
picked up by my  scam finder either.

  Susan Lawrence <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:  Emergency!!!

Hello
How are you today? I went to Australia for a  program called ( world
summition child labour and child exploitation,   www.childjustice.org ).On
our way back to our hotel we were robbed by a gang  of armed robbers and my
wallet and my ATM card and other valuable things like  my I.D card was taken
including the wallet.

I needed to pay for my  hotel bills but do not have anything on me right now
and I have contacted  every one to be of assistance,please I want you to help
and send about $2,500  to help me pay some bills here and get my flight
ticket back and I will  return the money back as soon as I get back to home
by Monday Morning.I am so  sad and unhappy about the situation here and I
have to visit the Doctor at  the Holroyd Private Hospital(villawood) here in
Australia which Mrs  Tomajina  rushed me immediately because I was hurt badly
so I want you  to help me send some money to pay part of my bills so that I
could leave  Australia.

Please I need to hear from you soon as you get this email, I  will send you
the information where you will be sending the money to me  through Western
Union.But the problem is that I have sent Mrs Tomajina to the  Western Union
outlet here and she was told that I would not be able to use  my
international passport to get the money pick up because it is not  an
Australia Passport,So I have decided to used Mrs Tomajina who has saved  my
life here in  Australia.  please you will be sending the money  through her
information to help me get the money picked up at the Western  Union office
here in Australia,Please be rest assured that I will pay back  the money as
soon as I arrive back by Monday Morning,And please understand  that your help
is much needed right now because I am very stranded  here.

Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks for the  effort

Jan  Barger