From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 15:20:14 EST
Lisa: I was delighted to hear that there is at least one other person encouraging mothers to take back pumps that don't work! I started doing this about a year ago. The fact breast pumps are considered to be *personal care* items by some retailers is not necessarily a valid reason for refusing a refund or credit. The test is whether the item works like the manufacturer implied. So far, all of the women I know who have taken back their pumps have had their money refunded. My hope is that if enough pumps are returned, the stores will stop reordering them.

Norma Ritter, IBCLC, LLLL                        "If not now, when? If not us, who?"