Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2012 09:06:02 -0500
Yes, this is true. Evenflo has sold off its infant feeding product line to Kimberly Clark of Mexico, placing Ameda back in the position of meeting its obligations under the Code. As the executive director of the National Alliance for Breastfeeding Advocacy (NABA), I receive daily inquiries asking whether one company or another is Code compliant. NABA is the IBFAN organization that monitors the Code in the United States. I have made a short list which appears below of a few selected companies that are and are not meeting their obligations under the Code. Obviously this changes frequently, making it difficult to keep any such list up to date. This is a moving target but I am always happy to answer questions regarding the Code status of any company or any other questions pertaining to the Code.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
Weston, MA

Code violators
All infant formula companies
Boppy (owned by the Artsana Group, maker of Chicco branded infant products which are marketed in a Code violating manner)
Medela (markets an infant feeding bottle and nipple in a Code violating manner)
Simplisse (co-marketing with Dr. Brown bottles and Handicraft who are both Code violators)
Lansinoh (owned by Pigeon, a Code violator)
Prolacta (co-marketing their product with Abbott)
Playtex (markets infant feeding bottles in a Code violating manner)
The First Years (markets infant feeding bottles in a Code violating manner)
Phillips Avent (markets infant feeding bottles in a Code violating manner)

Companies meeting their obligations under the Code
Ameda (Evenflo sold their infant feeding product line to Kimberly Clark of Mexico)
Hygeia
Limerick
Bailey Medical
Mother Love