From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:30:46 -0700
Anne,
I've found that moms get use to a certain pump and they can see a decreased
supply with even a pump that seems like it should be comparable... I had one
mom say that "The classic" big pump was far better for NICU moms too... she
was a mother that pumped for months for a very ill baby.  I've also had
some moms that have raved about the new Medela symphony pump.... saying it's
better than any of the current pumps we have.  I don't think you've missed
much... just give her lots of encouragement, have her keep trying different
things and get mom and baby together as much as they can.
Linda Rosetti RN, IBCLC
Clarkston, Wa.