From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 21:32:31 +1100
Hi Claudine,
Yes you can relactate no matter how many years have passed. In my case it
was 6 years since my son had weaned when I relactated to breastfeed my
adopted daughter (3 years at the time). However, there is also no reason why
your daughter could not suckle even though you have no milk (I know that
currently I have only drops but my daughter still breastfeeds regularly and
that this is common in older children) or you could use a breastfeeding
supplementer if you wanted. If Virginia Thorley is on Lactnet I am sure she
will pipe up....she wrote up a case series some years ago of children over a
year of age who recommenced breastfeeding after having previously weaned
resulting in relactation. It probably happens more often than we think.
Karleen Gribble
Australia

My daughter watches breastfeeding