Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:12:11 EDT
Cathy says,

<< I always hated to see those 10#+ babies, because they seem to me to be
 frequently more difficult to get to the breast in any case, and when they've
 been circ'ed before good nsg established...Anyone else observe this, or know
 of any studies?

I haven't noticed it with the circs, particularly, but I have noticed that
really big babies tend to be somewhat sluggish and floppy.  Almost as though
they don't have good muscle tone -- like they had no room in utero to move,
and didn't do their isometrics or whatever.  And they are difficult to
position and HEAVY for mom to hold.  You need a gazillion pillows.   And I
don't think they feed well at all.  It'll be interesting to see what happens
when I go back tomorrow.

Jan