Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 20:28:50 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
I wanted to say thank-you for all of the responses that I received about the mom that I working with.  I do have a couple more questions now, that were brought up in private posts:

1.  Is it possible for a woman that has undergone a hysterectomy to have a retained placental fragment???
2.  We have a doctor in town that has been recently certified in acupuncture, I remember Marsha Walker bringing this up a bit ago.  Has anyone any experience with this??  Might it be helpful in this situation?
3.  Should this mom be examined by a GP or an Endocrinologist instead of just her OB?
4.  What about any homeopathy that could be combined with the herbal regimen she is presently taking?

I would also like to mention that this mom is devastated by this entire situation.  She has 4 other little boys besides the new baby to take care of, and still she persists.  It seems so unfair, she woke up w/o her uterus, and now she feels so sad that she will not be able to bf her "last" child.  She knows and has been reassured that any breastmilk is better than none, but she wants to know WHY she must use formula.

Thanks again for all of your support--don't know what I would do without your collective wisdom.

Pam Holland, BS, IBCLC
                                        Savannah, GA
                                  mailto:[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2