From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:01:25 -0400
Good comment on pilot models.  I think you see that happening at various WIC
clinics.  The trick is then to get others to use the pilot program and see
if it is expanable and economical.  WIC is so varied depending on the region
and state.

We know the roots of IBCLC were in middle, white America. LLLI encouraged
the beginnings. Most of the first few exams were largely LLLLs.  I think the
main question is why have we never been able to move on beyond white
mommies.  Most IBCLCs in America, whether in private practice, hospital or
WIC are white.

That says something sad to me 40+ years after the civil rights movement.
What about black babies rights???

Pat in SNJ