From:
Janet Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 1995 19:29:01 -0400
Hi all,
Can anyone give me some basic behaviors of premies at breast?  I have had a
lot of clients renting pumps to pump their milk for their 4-8 week prem
babies.  They all ask     "how will I get my baby to go to breast after s/he
comes home?"  Not ever having had a pre-term baby, I have no idea.  Are there
special techniques to get these babies back to breast?  So they have special
probs (i.e. chewing rather than sucking, tonic bites, etc.)?  My mentor is
wonderful, but very busy, and I do better with having this info down on paper
to refer to.  Any good books on the subject?  How's this for a question?
All info will be greatly appreciated!
Janet (Jay)
LC in training and getting the tough stuff first!  :)