From:
Leslie Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:53:16 -0400
Denny, I agree with you completely, feel like I should sit down and
write the exact opposite article, as that is how my 'experience' went.

One of the biggest standouts for me, is that the situation this writer
is commenting on, appears to be her first baby. Believe me, we all know
that makes a difference. Everything is so new and strange, plus we face
hormones that we never knew existed and we are more 'likely' to
completely and to the letter follow whatever our HCP told us to do,
since we don't know anything about the territory we've just entered.

What amazes me is that although this article is from American Health
(Magazine, I assume) the author has no credentials listed, so to me it
would be suspect. But of course, the average reader is not going to
notice things like I have just mentioned, they are going to see, "What
we didn't know was that the hormone prolactin, which triggers milk
production, also curbs the urge to merge." It's a shame.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY