Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2013 12:57:18 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Thank you Linda for your kind words. Ever since I can remember, around 4 years old, for sure, "Why" has always seemed to be my response to something fascinating. And my beloved grandpa once told me that he "believed I liked to talk just to hear myself think!" Pair that with a childhood during the depression on a farm with no electricity, etc. where I filled many a yellow tablet with letters and numbers, just for the fun of it. This has made journaling, letter writing and writing of all kinds seem like wonderful recreation for me. I actually have to struggle to simplify and shorten what I write-most of the time;-) 

Between my nursing career in OB and my family life over the years, I have come to observe and experience some very amazing things, giving me so many insights to continue to reflect upon in my twilight years. As told in the vignette preceding Chapter 7 in the new WABF, one of the highlights was finally being able to succeed past 10 days (with the help of LLL in 1959) with breastfeeding my fourth child. I can look back now and see that that whole experience was a major turning point in my professional life. It has seemed to me to turn into a personal vocation to share my insights in whatever ways I can. I recommend it highly to all as our profession continues to grow and mature. (I didn't discover till I was over 65 that I have ADD as well, but one of my mottoes remains "someday I really have to get organized".)

I have no doubt "outed myself" to my editor(s) by continuing to post on LN. (and your post makes it a certainty now). I guess I ought to contact them very soon now for sure;-) 

I am in the middle of what I think may be another "high interest" article, but I have already exceeded the generous word limit (and my voluntary deadline) by now. I have almost persuaded myself that I actually may have 2 articles, of separate types and must make a sacrifice and get over the fear that folks might read only one and miss the finer points I want to make in the second article.  

My daughter is coming over this afternoon to give me some computer help because I want to be sure I don't accidentally lose any of my "prose" as I cut it into two articles. Let's see how I get over this major hump before I begin to tackle the small monograph that's been on my mind for a long time;-) Thanks again for your encouragement.

K. Jean Cotterman RNC-E, IBCLC
WIC Volunteer LC     Dayton OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2