From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:44:55 -0400
Pam and Esther,
  I agree that a dying mother's wish should not be ignored. I do not
think nursing will take more out of her than it will give her and will
not take more out of her than all of the treatments she is undergoing.
If it is not contraindicated because of the meds she is on, she should
do as much as she can for her child in this way.
It occurred to me that she appeal to the nurses if the doctor is giving
her a hard time. I know that they cannot go against docs orders, but
the nurses are the ones  with the most patient contact and perhaps
something could be worked out, or they could appeal to the doctor, find
out what his objections are so that they can be addressed.

As far as I  know, there are no milk banks in Israel, so banked milk
would not be possible. As far as a lawsuit goes, I think this family
will have other things on their minds and, again, Israel is not as
lawsuit crazy as we are here in the US.

Our thoughts and our prayers are with this family, and with all those
who will be helping them over the next months. Esther, if you remain
involved with this family, please keep us posted.

Naomi

Naomi Bar-Yam Ph.D.

Researcher, Writer, Educator
in Maternal and Child Health