From:
Verónica Garea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:46:38 -0300
Hello Cathy,
We are not IBCLCs but a support group.- We do phone assistance, and we have
a form very similar to the one you describe. Several of us take phone
calls: all our numbers are listed but sometimes we are not home, so mothers
keep calling until they find someone or they leave a voice message. This
system works, and sometimes, somebody other than the person who took the
first call does the follow up. We have these forms printed and bound
together in notebooks. We share the information we write down in meetings
or over the phone when somebody else is going to do the follow up call.

There is a more detailed form I have seen in LLL publications. I believe it
is from Canada. This form even has a picture of a breast to mark whether
there is an obstruction, nipple injury, etc.

Regards,

Veronica Garea
Grupo de Apoyo a la Lactancia Materna de Bariloche
IBFAN Bariloche - LLL Argentina