From:
Kathy Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 20:12:10 -0600
Re the idea that a breast milk diet might help these kids with seizure
disorder -- speaking from two anecdotal cases that I personally know --

1.  My nephew, whom I posted about, had a prenatal stroke, so the cause of
his seizures was preexisting.  He breastfed for about 2.5 years -- WAY
beyond what my sister-in-law thought was normal and appropriate, because he
didn't like to eat anything else.

2.  The son of my best friend Martha, whom I have also posted about (not
Martha from Ohio -- my three best friends are named Martha!).  Her son is
autistic, breastfed for at least four years, has developed seizure disorder
in the last two years.  Medication seems to work for him, so no reason to
starve him of carbohydrates.

Katherine A. Dettwyler, Ph.D.
Texas A&M University