From:
Janice Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:21:16 -0400
As some of you may have noticed, Salon Magazine made the irresponsible
choice to juxtapose a "BUY IT AT BORDERS.COM!" next to Katie Allison
Granju's excellent article about _Babywise_. When you click on the link, it
gives you the opportunity to buy the Babywise books. Although I understand
the nature of these web marketing agreements, I found this *extremely*
offensive. What a mixed message! If they *have* to provide a link to
Borders' web site, couldn't they offer the books of all the authors quoted
in the article (Sears, Huggins, Auerbach, ... okay, Ferber is there too :-/)
rather than simply helping Gary Ezzo to make more money from his misguided
advice?

http://www.salonmagazine.com/mwt/

If you haven't already, please take a few minutes to send an email to Salon
telling them what you think of this. (Don't forget, though, to mention what
you think of Katie's insightful article!) From the article, click on
"CONTACT US" or directly email them at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!
Janice Berry
Columbus, OH

p.s. This may also be a good time to add your review of _Babywise_ to the
major online bookstores, if you haven't already. :-) In your review, you can
include the URL to Katie's article.