Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:54:20 EST
After almost never posting, here I go twice in one digest - anyway,
nursing pillows - IMO they *can* be a help, but you don't necessarily
need to buy anything. I think in the early days when the baby can
be floppy and mother uncoordinated (like moi), it helps to have
*something* under the baby to get him/her higher - I used a nursing
pillow with second baby some of the time, when it was in reach
or I could bribe someone to bring it over to me! But with my
first I tended to use a fat bed pillow. However, I have also
been known, when nursing sitting cross-legged on the floor, to
use a large teddy bear, a box, a big book, anything, just to
avoid having to use my arms alone to *hold* the baby up high enough.
So I think they can be of use, but you don't *need* to buy one -
there's plenty of stuff at home. I never had the velcro around
the waist one, just a kind of dog-boned shaped, slanted kind of
thing, which the kids now play with. Well, my 2 cents.

Jane Khondker
LLL Leader
Potsdam NY