From:
Magda Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 16:46:09 +0100
>>Hi everyone!
>>I just saw a mom yesterday who had an anticeptic nipple spray made of
>>extract of Calendula and it said the ingredient was chlorhexidine
>>Gluconate.  It was from Boots pharmacy in England.

>There used to be a product called Rotorsept which I haven't seen for
>some years.

This is different.  I have heard women talking about it and a health visitor
being quite enthusiastic.  I cannot usually bring myself to go in the baby
section of Boots (hard to go into Boots at all, in fact) but I will go and
look.  (A few years ago I nearly freaked out in Boots at the sight of little
vacuum packs of miniature bagels for weanlings -- so not culturally
appropriate in this part of UK [might be in Salford] and a bezillion percent
mark-up on what you would pay in a deli or the supermarket [yes, folks,
those of you who have not been to the UK for some time, we can get bagels
and tortillas here now].)

I understand this is a pump action spray bottle, Heather, not an aerosol
like Rotersept.

Magda Sachs
Breastfeeding Supporter, BfN, UK