From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:24:06 EDT
Dear Friends:

In the US, corporate health is the only health that matters. I am unable to
induce a movement to Ban the Bags in hospitals because the formula companies
give money to the hospitals, the hospitals are in desparate need of
money............so the bags will stay.

Another advantage of this, besides ensuring corporate health,  is that there
will be lots of sick people in the future. These sick people will require lots
of medicines and other medical devices and services that will guarantee jobs
and revenues. Sickness breeds sickness. When will people learn?

I would like only for the truth about formula to be known; there is such a
suppression/repression of truth (as in the ill-fated Ad Campaign) that the
general public thinks formula is "okay" and breastfeeding is a nice extra.

The scam of suppressing information about the health risks of formula is as
bad (maybe worse) than what the tobacco companies did with hiding the truth
about their addictive, deadly product.

I don't want to tell any woman to breastfeed...........I want her to know
that formula feeding carries serious risks (death, diabetes, obesity), that
breastfeeding is Nature's seatbelt (no guarantee of perfect health AND increasing
the chances of health so much that it is worth it to do). Let her decide.

I've sent letters to Michael Moore and to P.J. O'Rourke (of Rolling Stone
magazine) beseeching an investigation. No luck there........yet.

This is how I am feeling today, after a very rough week.

warmly,

Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
_http://www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com/_
(http://www.breastfeedingalwaysbest.com/)
www.myspace/AdonicaLee