Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 05:06:19 -0700
>Secondly, we needed financial support.  It's a reality that very few dot
>coms are profitable. Consequently, many fail. And, the days of aggressive
>venture funding are over. To be successful today, dot coms must generate
>revenue and cover their expenses. In order to offer free access to our
site,
>we have to accept advertising from all reputable organizations and
>institutions.

My rebutal to this would be that there are MANY MANY MANY WAHMs that are
committed to AP styles and would LOVE to advertise on his site but won't now
because of the formula ads.  Dare I say that if he got rid of the formula
ads I would see ads for some of my favorite AP businesses there.  And, many
of us run web sites, sure it's not always free, but it can be cheap if you
know who to talk to and what you are doing.  I think if he made a point to
educate himself a little more about the web then maybe it wouldn't seem so
daunting a task for him to not accept this money.

just my .02

Melisa