From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:37:51 -0500
Hi All,
    On thrush, I too heartedly recommend Kay Hoover's document. I got it
through Linda Smith (she has a web site BFLRC -
http://www.bflrc.com/welcome.html ). I would say she would at least know
how to get it, if she does not carry it herself. I do know that it costs
$5.00 (lower for multiple copies)  but covers treatments,
recommendations for stubborn cases and wonderful photos of many aspects
of thrush. For those of us who have never seen this, it is a wonderful
education aid to add to our files.
    The other issue to consider with thrush is what I am going through
with one mom right now, baby's  Ped. is all for the treatment plan
outlined, her MD is recommending weaning during the treatment. Needless
to say she is confused, which is why she called me.
    I find that this confusion between mother's MD (whether FP, surgeon,
dentist, etc) and baby's Ped. is one of the biggest problems that I have
with mom's nowdays. With two doctors giving her two opinions and the
worry that she may harm her baby, she does not know what to do. I get
frustrated at times dealing with this situation, that has been caused by
a MD who may know very little or even nothing about the process
(breastfeeding) he/she is making these medical recommendations about.
    Sorry about the rant, I didn't mean to but sometimes, it does get
frustrating.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY
"Take your children with you wherever you go and be not ashamed." Hopi
proverb