From:
Nikelle Suarez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 05:49:13 -0400
I thought Betty had a wonderful idea, so I went with it. The response was
more favorable then I had hoped for. So, 'netters lets get to typing a few
letters. Let's show this company HOW interested in this idea we really are!!
>Dear Sirs,
>
>I am writing to show interest in a possible new theme for checks to  be
>offered by your company. I believe that this is a theme that would be
>beneficial for all involved.
>
>The checks we choose help to let people know a little about who we are. We
>have checks that tell about the kind of cars we like, the things we collect,
>the things we hold to be dear to us. There are checks to promote and protect
>our liberty, our faith,  and endangered species, of course printed on
>recycled paper to protect our natural resources. So, I am wondering and
>requesting a line of checks with the theme in mind to help promote and
>protect breastfeeding.
>
>Breastfeeding is the most important natural resource there is. It IS in
>danger! Many people believe that formula feeding is just as acceptable (if
>not more) as breastfeeding, without regard to the ramifications our children
>suffer because of this belief. Breastfed babies are healthier, smarter, and
>more confident because of the method of feeding their mothers chose. Why not
>have a line of checks with a theme to help build awareness and support the
>breastfeeding pairs all around the world? This could be accomplished with
>tastefully done pictures of mothers and babies breastfeeding as well as a
>caption in support of breastfeeding and its benefits.
>
>I can assure you that a line of checks like this would be very popular! I
>personally would buy several boxes, as would lactation professionals around
>the country as well as around the globe. I am writing to your company first
>as I have bought checks from you before and was very pleased with my
>purchase. If your response is not favorable, I will approach other
companies.
>I would think that it would be very beneficial to your  company to offer a
>line of checks with this theme.
>
>Please let me know what your company thinks about this idea!!
>
>Nikelle Suarez
>Wic Breastfeeding Counselor

Nikelle,

While I agree with the beneficial aspects of breastfeeding, that does not
mean that it would make a popular check. We receive new check design ideas
daily and I must say that although you make valid points, we have never
received a request similiar to yours. Obviously, as a business we need to
offer products which appeal to a broad spectrum of people. We are constantly
testing new design ideas to see what the consumer would respond to, and if a
test design performs well we would then begin advertising and producing it
as a check. Therefore, while I am not telling you that we will never test a
check design depicting breastfeeding, I am saying that we would need further
evidence of interest before we would produce a design and test it. I will
forward your request to our Product Design Department. Good luck with any
other check printers which you may choose to contact.

Custom Direct
Stuart E. Bauman
[log in to unmask] (custom direct)