From:
BPhipps441 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:21:51 EST
I had a question from a mom today that kind of threw me off a bit.  She is
having trouble getting her 8-week old to take a bottle.  Her husband takes the
bottle out of the fridge, warms it up, and baby refuses to take it.  The
question: should mom throw out the breastmilk after it has been heated, or can
it be kept at room temp or put back in fridge?

My first thought is that it probably must be tossed - but what a shame!! I
can't find this question in any of my references. Maybe I'm not looking in the
right place.  Does anyone know?

Also, any tips on how to get a baby to take a bottle?  I gave her a few - feed
baby when he is sleepy and not ravenously hungry, try having hubby be the only
one to do it, and wrapping a washcloth with expressed breastmilk around the
bottle while cargiver tries to feed the bottle to baby.  Anything else you
experienced, wise LCs know of?

Thanks bunches,
Brenda Phipps, Bs, IBCLC