Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 15:33:08 -0500
Maka wrote:

<she purchased a good quality electric double-pump and began taking
fenugreek capsules, 3 caps tid, and pumping every 2-3 hours during
the day. she says she definitely increased her milk supply as she
began to feel full of milk again, even engorged after a few days. her
daughter tells her there is more milk there, also.

the problem is that she can't produce any milk for the pump. she gets
literally 2-3 drops from her left breast and 6-7 from the right.>

Something that the moms I've worked with do is pumping while the
baby/child is breastfeeding.  I usually suggest this to moms with
young babies that are planning to go back to work.  Since there is a
psychological aspect to breastfeeding and babies feel and smell much
nicer than pumps - why not work with your body and take advantage of
the MER your baby produces.

Alicia Rudin, LLLL in the Bluegrass (Lexington, KY)
mailto:[log in to unmask]