Date:
Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:20:51 -0700
Since several people have asked what Chinese article I gave to my neighbour,
I gave her this one that Nina supplied:
http://www.womenshealth.gov/pub/BF.Chinese.pdf
<http://www.womenshealth.gov/pub/BF.Chinese.pdf>I got a work colleague to
give me an idea of what was said in each paragraph without it being a total
literal translation.  Some aspects of the article are obvious...there is a
photo of diapers with a chart next to it and some numbers showing
(obviously) number of wet/poopy diapers per 24 hours in the first week of
life.  There is also a paragraph which obviously was about frequency of
feeds since it has numbers 2-3 and 8-12 in the paragraph (ie outlining baby
should be feeding 8-12 times in 24 hours, or about every 2-3 hours).  The
"standard" stuff...

I also sent her an e-mail with this link:  http://www.llli.org/Chinese.html
 <http://www.llli.org/Chinese.html>as well as linking directly to this link
(which was on that previous page):  http://www.llli.org/docs/
chinese/ChineseNormal.pdf

<http://www.llli.org/docs/chinese/ChineseNormal.pdf>And this:
http://www.llli.org/docs/chinese/enoughmilk.jpg

<http://www.llli.org/docs/chinese/enoughmilk.jpg>I think she mostly read the
first PDF file which I actually printed out entirely for her.  Her milk came
in yesterday or the day before (I haven't seen her since 2 days ago due to
my work schedule and my own busy life...the one time I went to go by to give
her the article and 2 oz of milk her mom indicated she was sleeping so I
just left it with mom).  I have an electric pump to give her but am holding
off on doing so until I can go see how she is doing, to see if a) she is
engorged and needs it b/c manual expression is not going well (I showed her
on myself how to hand express, within 24 hours of her baby's birth) or b)
she is doing fine and doesn't need the "temptation" of offering bottles of
EBM right now...

Thanks again,
Fio

--
--
Children's Restraint System Technician (CRST), BF volunteer, and most

http://www.rabais-coupons.com pour des coupons virtuels