From:
Francine Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:44:25 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

show is not a recognized breastfeeding expert, a comment was made in a
recent post that perhaps when people wrote in they should comment on "the
fact that it was not an IBCLC reporting on breastfeeding."  I want to say
gently, that I think the real issue is that the individual is knowledgeable
about breastfeeding and the related research, rather than having an IBCLC
credential.  There are a number of individuals - physicians, researchers
and nurses - on this list alone who are not a certified lactation
consultant, that could and have spoken for breastfeeding in a credible and
forceful manner.

Francine Nichols

Francine H. Nichols, RNC, PhD
Washington, DC